Here’s one that goes under the category of “unexpected surveillance”.
It seems Gadgets And Gear decided to take ThinkGeek’s Doctor Who TARDIS Cookie Jar, install a camera and offer it for people who want a secret Whovian cookie tracking device.
This isn’t your ordinary cookie jar nanny cam. It boasts the following features:
- Internal Storage Capacity Of 32GB, Up To 10 Hours Of Video
- Records 1280 X 960 Color Video
- Up To 30 Hours Of Battery Life!
- Motion Detection Camera
- Real Functioning Cookie Jar In The Shape Of The TARDIS
- Makes Authentic TARDIS Sounds And Light Effects
- The Perfect Hidden Camera For Dr. Who Fans!
- Sealed Back Hides Camera Components Even If The Jar Is Handled
- Dimensions: 11″ X 6″ X 6″
- Easy To Use, Set Up In Minutes!
- 1 Year Warranty, Unlimited Free Tech Support!
The product description goes on to mention that it date and time stamps:
“If you are attempting to capture incriminating footage that you want to use against somebody in a court of law; the footage must have time and date stamps. Lucky for you, this camera marks all recorded footage with just that; making everything you record usable evidence in your favor.”
I guess if you need a nerdy hidden camera to gather incriminating evidence (especially about stolen cookies), this is the jar for you.