Homebrewing is great, but not when it’s caused by an infection happening in your stomach. A 61-year-old man ended up in the emergency room complaining of dizziness and when the nurses ran a Breathalyzer it showed that he was drunk. The man insisted that he hadn’t had a drop of alcohol and a little further investigation proved that he was telling the truth.
Testing revealed that he had an infection called Saccharomyces cerevisiae which fermented the sugars in any starchy food he ate, turned it into ethanol, and made him drunk. Think on that next time you drink a beer.