This is a story about having your priorities in order. Walter Serpit of Columbus, GA, suffered a house fire last week. After Serpit made sure the kids and the rest of the adults were outside and safe, he went back in for his beer. From WTVM 9:
“I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out,” said Walter Serpit, “I went back into the house like a dummy and the door shut on me because this back draft was about to kill me.”
Don’t worry. He didn’t get burned and he managed to save several cans of beer. The part I was most curious about was what kind of beer would make someone go through flames, and I’m sad to say it was Bud Light.
Check out the video clip after the break.