These mugs by Joel Cherrico of Cherrico Pottery were inspired by images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. From the product page:
- Durable: Stoneware pottery is very hard and meant to last a lifetime.
- Functional: 100% non-toxic and dishwasher safe.
- Handcrafted: I make each pot from a lump of Stoneware clay on a pottery wheel.
- Complex: Every mug is brushed with up to 5 different glaze colors.
- Earthen: Raw iron, copper and cobalt are harvested from the earth & fired in a kiln to 2400 degrees F to seal colors with silica glaze for non-toxic, food-safe surfaces.
- One of a Kind: Each firing results in glazes that I can never duplicate exactly.
He calls them Cosmic Mugs and there’s currently a waiting list so sign up now and get in line for your own space-inspired mug.
See the video after the break.
(via Laughing Squid)