Note: When readers choose to buy the awesome products featured here, we might earn affiliate commissions that support our work.

A Tragic Bananas Foster Episode

Click To Enlarge

If your dessert doesn’t end up with members of your family being airlifted to a nearby hospital, consider yourself lucky.

The Ozona Blue Grilling Co restaurant in Palm Harbor, Florida is likely to have a lawsuit on their hands after a dish of Bananas Foster (a flaming dish made with sauteed bananas, butter, vanilla ice cream, and a sauce soaked in rum) spilled onto guests after it was ignited.

Two women, a 56-year old and a 25-year old, were airlifted to the hospital with the latter suffering severe first and second degree burns after her dress caught on fire and her body was engulfed in flames.

Two others in the party suffered minor burns and refused treatment.

“Obviously, it was a terrible accident,” said Debbie Fragale, an Ozona Blue owner. “But my main concern is for the well-being of that young lady and everyone who was hurt, and our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was involved. It was just very unfortunate.”

Bananas Foster is the most dangerous dessert on Earth. Consider yourself warned.

(TampaBay.com via The Consumerist / Image via stu_spivack)

Recommended:

comments powered by Disqus