Chipotle’s guacamole is, as any diehard fan of the chain can attest to, pretty darn good. Amazingly enough, it’s also pretty darn standard and easy to make. We know this because Chipotle has revealed their recipe so you can make your own at home.
Check out the recipe after the break…
Ingredients (from the Chipotle website):
-Two Hass avocados, preferably ripe (their site notes that they go through 48 avocados per batch)
-Two tsp of lime juice
-Two tbsp of chopped cilantro
-1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
-1/2 of a finely chopped jalapeño for a little extra spice (the recipe calls to include the seeds)
-And 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.