Note: When readers choose to buy the awesome products featured here, we might earn affiliate commissions that support our work.

Mega Death Sauce Hospitalizes Boy, Parents Sue

Click to Enlarge

A couple is suing Steak ‘n Shake and their waiter after their son was hospitalized due to eating Mega Death hot sauce. The waiter offered the sauce to the boy, which is apparently not a brand that the restaurant serves. Afterward he was taken to the hospital suffering from “flaring-up of hives on his skin, difficulty breathing and severe pain and inflammation of his digestive system including his mouth and throat.”

The couple said the waiter did not warn them about the effects of the sauce, even though the manufacturer states that it “contains ingredients 500 times hotter than a jalapeno chili” and doesn’t recommend it for use without dilution. The owner of the franchise stated that the waiter in question is no longer employed by the restaurant. The couple is seeking compensatory damages of $10,000 and punitive damages of $50,000.

(via Arbroath)

Recommended:

comments powered by Disqus